Sunday, January 8, 2012

"Why are we fat?"

I read a post on a talk forum today. A guy asked "Why are we fat?". I read hundreds of replies, "I quit smoking", "I had babies", "I got a divorce".

Excuses! Excuses are why we are fat. I have tons of them too! I was the smallest kid in my class my entire life. I weighed a whopping 105lbs the day I graduated from high school. I was 110lbs the day I got pregnant with my first child. I use to look at people growing up and ask "Gosh, how did they let themselves get that way" "How could they do that to themselves, that's just gross". Yes, I was that shallow, judgmental person. Then I started eating anything and everything I wanted, I did nothing to really lose weight or keep remotely in shape. So after three pregnancies, numerous desk jobs, one bout of depression, three rounds of fertility meds and a thousand more excuses I was at my heaviest weight....174lbs. HOLY COW! How did I let myself get this way? How could I let myself get into such an unhealthy state? Excuses! I understand that people emotionally eat due to childhood issues or get bed ridden with injuries, but mine are simply excuses. I pretty much have an excuse for every reason I eat. Well I can't do it anymore. I watched a friend of mine make a New Year's Resolution last year to lose weight and of course most resolutions fail...she is down 120lbs! She is in the best shape and looks outstanding. Most importantly, she is happy! I am so proud of her! She is an inspiration to me and now she checks in on me :) So here I go...I started this year at 169.8lbs (the second heaviest I have ever been (by 5 lbs)! I'm proud to say after day 7 that I am already down 5.8lbs. WOOHOO!!!!
www.myfitnesspal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment